Thursday, February 04, 2010

I never knew......

Today I decided to play along with Mama Kat's workshop. Of course I chose the prompt about being a Mommy.....

List 10 things you never knew until you were a mom.
I never knew........

1. true unconditional love

2. I would say some of the same things that my mom used to say

3. How much fun it would be to play Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy. I LOVE it!

4. That looking at your child and being happy could cause you to cry. Happy Tears!!

5. you could live life through someone else. M's spirit is so catching and makes me feel alive and child-like at times.

6. I would become less selfish. M comes before anything and I love that feeling.

7. that I wouldn't mind cleaning up after her when she got sick or rocking her like a baby even though she's 8 yrs old just because she doesn't feel well.

8. That every decision I made/make from the day she was born will also affect my baby girls life. This one is hard for me!

9. I am shaping an adult and that scares me sometimes!

10. That I could be mad at little kids over them hurting my baby's feeling. Yet I hide it and give M the tools she needs to work through her friendship problems. Who knew little kids had drama?

I love being a mom.....the good, the bad and the ugly.

12 comments:

Elle said...

I'm not a mom, but it was so neat to read this. I don't know that I could control myself if anyone ever hurt my baby in any way...little kid or not, I'd want to end it for good. I just can't stand to see anyone I love hurting.

Niki said...

Awww, that was beautiful! Number 10 is the hardest, isn't it? I love how you said you hide your frustrations and give her the tools she needs...what a great way to look at it!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Great list, #9 scares me too.

Pamela Gold said...

Our lists are very similar. Being mom is the hardest yet most rewarding job there is!

Anonymous said...

Great list...we both chose the same thing but mine are more silly. I totally feel for #9 & #10. We were just discussing how 3 girls were laughing at her in dance when she fell. You feel mad/hurt for her but try to guide on how to deal. She said she tried ignoring them and telling them to stop, but they laughed more. I just reminded her that real friends wouldn't do that and to remember how she felt at that moment. She said "she'd never do that to anyone else." It's true...I've got a "gentle souled" little lady. Thanks for sharing!

Danielle said...

I agree with the whole list. we are so much wiser now.

Anonymous said...

Swinging by from MK's, hitting random blogs rather than the three suggested. :)

#8 is a thought that is easy to lose sight of in the everyday chaos. Good point!

Allie

~~Mel~~ said...

I wanted to do this one...but now I'm too lazy lol.

I agree with everything on your list...so true...especially the love them so much you cry happy tears...I can so relate.

Erin said...

Ohh I didn't think of #9...shaping an adult scares me too! I hope I do a good job!

Staci said...

Great post and your list is so dead on! I cry happy tears all the time! :)

Jen said...

Ah, #9 - that's the kicker, isn't it? I am constantly wondering what on earth I am doing and are they all going to turn out normal and well-adjusted :) Time will tell. Great list!

Mammatalk said...

I hear ya! I hear ya! I agree wholeheartedly with this!