Monday, November 02, 2009

Ahh Sunday dinner and leftover

Yesterday I made a roast in the crock pot and it was yummy, as usual. Love making this because I don't have to do anything yet it feels like we are having a big meal. I also made homemade mashed potatoes.....gravy and the whole nine yards. There wasn't much roast left over but there was alot of potatoes. Yum, I was looking forward to my 'comfort food' lunch on Monday. I put it in containers right after dinner but it was still too hot to put in the fridge.

See where this is going?

The first thing I see this morning is the 2 lovely containers still sitting on the counter. ugh. lol I have no idea how I missed them......I always turn on a light in the kitchen and double check the lock near the kitchen door before I go to bed.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! We had a nice time, I dressed up and it was alot of fun, the kids got tons of candy (my thighs love this part). We didn't get to do the Haunted House because the fire dept that was hosting it held a memorial for a fire fighter who was killed in an awful crime earlier in the week. The kids didn't mind and it wasn't a second thought.

2 comments:

B said...

I've left containers out like that more times than I care to admit. And sometimes I still eat it (but I'd never give the food to my daughter).

~~Mel~~ said...

Aww man I hate when I forget to put leftovers away! Roast in a crockpot...never tried it but totally should. I imagine it's not much different than cooking a pot roast...

We made Cheeseburger stew last night and everyone loved it. First time I had ever had it. I just love comfort food in the fall/winter especially on Sundays.

Oh and I'm sorry you didn't get to see the haunted house...but sounds like it was cancelled for a good reason...and I'm glad the kids understood.