Thursday, August 27, 2009

Writer's Workshop- First day of school

Since Miss M started school this week I thought I would list the 5 best things about the first day of school…….this is one of MamaKat’s prompts for the week.

  1. The anticipation of starting a new school year, with a new teacher and class.
  2. Seeing all of your friends that you haven’t seen since school let out in June.
  3. Wearing new clothes. This was a major plus for M. We bought her school stuff but she wasn’t allowed to use/wear anything until school started. She was so proud to wear her skull vest on the first day of school……she said it was the best shirt she’s ever had. Even though I’m not big on it I love that she loves it so much! (alot of love huh?)
  4. The non-stop chatter. Oh my goodness this child talked and talked and talked about everything and anything that happened at school. I am so excited that she still wants to tell me everything. She likes to think she’s grown up now but things like this make me realize she’s still my baby girl.
  5. For me, the first day of school means that my baby is getting 1 yr older. I don’t know if this really falls under a ‘best’ because it is bittersweet. I love watching her grow and advance but I also miss the days of her fitting on my chest while sleeping. She has grown into such a gorgeous young girl……inside and out.

9 comments:

Miss. C said...

Isn't amazing how they go from this tiny little baby sleeping on your chest to independent thinkers?! Very cute!!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

My baby wore a zebra striped dress...

sometimes you pick your battles and what I learned... she was happy. :) So I was too. I bet you were happy too.

SKull! SO COOL!

stopping by from mama kat's

d

Gigi said...

Isn't it amazing how fast it goes by? My baby is a sophmore now - a fact that constantly floors me.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner!

Claudya Martinez said...

That was a sweet list. # 5 made me get all teary-eyed.

Foursons said...

A skull vest?! Gotta love her sense of style!

Jeanette said...

Skulls are all the rage you know. Why? Who knows, but that's cute that she already has her own sense of style. I love that.

Michelle said...

I am with you on the majority of those. The new clothes? That was more of a pain than not for me though because they were uniforms, and they were really hard to find! I'm glad her school year is off to a great start!

~~Mel~~ said...

So did you take pics of her in her new 'first day of school outfit'??? If you did I want to see! lol.

I loved reading your list...talk about mixed emotions...I'll be feeling them in 2 weeks when Riley goes back...

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait for the three of the four kids I nanny for to go back to school next week!