Since Miss M started school this week I thought I would list the 5 best things about the first day of school…….this is one of MamaKat’s prompts for the week.
- The anticipation of starting a new school year, with a new teacher and class.
- Seeing all of your friends that you haven’t seen since school let out in June.
- Wearing new clothes. This was a major plus for M. We bought her school stuff but she wasn’t allowed to use/wear anything until school started. She was so proud to wear her skull vest on the first day of school……she said it was the best shirt she’s ever had. Even though I’m not big on it I love that she loves it so much! (alot of love huh?)
- The non-stop chatter. Oh my goodness this child talked and talked and talked about everything and anything that happened at school. I am so excited that she still wants to tell me everything. She likes to think she’s grown up now but things like this make me realize she’s still my baby girl.
- For me, the first day of school means that my baby is getting 1 yr older. I don’t know if this really falls under a ‘best’ because it is bittersweet. I love watching her grow and advance but I also miss the days of her fitting on my chest while sleeping. She has grown into such a gorgeous young girl……inside and out.