Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11

On this day, 8 years ago, I was holding a 5 day old baby in my arms.
She got up for her bottle, I made it and sat down to feed my tiny little bundle of joy. I turned on the TV and started watching something like Good Morning America.
Then it happened!
Breaking News!!
I watched as the country was in Awe and Shock of what just happened. As I'm watching I see the second plane hit. OMG surely I just didn't witness that. All those people, the families, the people in the city. I cried and cried. I hugged my newborn tightly as I wondered what kind of world I just brought her into.

I will never forget.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know, I remember like it was yesterday...
God bless our troops:)

Jodi said...

I'll never forget!

Staci said...

I remeber it so clearly... my thoughts, my feelings, the fear... I will never firget the fighter jets flying SO low right over my house as they circled DC so scary and sad :(

~~Mel~~ said...

My thoughts were much the same 8 years ago...except I sat with a 4 month old baby...wondering why...why the world was such a cruel place. I too will never forget.