Tuesday, July 07, 2009

All good things must come to an end....

that's kind of a sucky statement huh? I love good things and dont want them to end.

I'm a little late on updating about our 4th but I was busy yesterday. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Friday was a hectic day of hair appts, grocery shopping and running errands. We left the house at 8:30 and got home at 2pm. The cook-out started at 5pm. The Husband had to work and then go pick up his girls so he didn't get home until 4pm. He took a shower and started grilling! Beforehand my mom asked me what I wanted her to bring and I said chips.
She brought:
chips
salsa
cheese dip
pretzels
salt and pepper chips
ranch dip
some other flavor dip
a whole watermelon
a tray to put the chips and dip in
macaroni salad
a CAKE (remember I made the rainbow cake for my step daughters birthday)
cool whip
strawberries
and probably other stuff that I cant think of now. I was not happy. Chips, I said bring CHIPS. This may seem silly but it made me feel like I couldn't have my own party or something. She did the same thing when we had Thanksgiving at my house last year. Maybe it makes me feel like a child, who knows but it made me moody! lol

We ate, I made a batch of pina colada's to drink, we hung out and let the kids play outside until it was time to go see the fireworks. The resort that we went to watch fireworks at was packed. We had been there before but there wasn't nearly the amount of people there then. Alot of places in our area didn't do them this year so I'm sure that was the reason.

Saturday we went shopping for the birthday girl and she got lots of cool things. We went bowling and then she picked CiCi's to eat at for her birthday dinner. It was a nice day.

Sunday I didn't even get dressed. I showered and changed into new jammies.....that's it. I did do some laundry because these people I live with needed clothes for the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ought to grab the spiritual gift book by Don and Katie Fortune. It talks about everyones gifts. It sounds like your mom is either a giver or a server. When I got hold of the books on my moms-must-have-list, it made me understand why people did some of the things they did. It was because that was the gift God put in them. If they can't work in their gift, they don't feel needed or hugged. Server gifts always intimidated me until I understood. It always seemed like they were one-upping me because I just couldn't do the things they did. When I finally understood their gift, I became less frustrated with those arouind me.

I must admit, when I have the party, I want my food to be the star. However, when my friends and I get together, we all bring a marvelous dish and we all shine. It's so much more fun that way!

Genny said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I think everyone needs a day in their PJs every now and then. :)

Schmoochiepoo said...

Our moms sound alike. I know she brings everything but the kitchen sink because she has no faith in me that I will provide. Thanks mom....

Sounds like a great weekend!

Staci said...

Sounds like PERFECTION!!!! I love the flip flops.... ( i even wear them with jeans... in the rain... lol just kidding!!)

Glad you weekend was good! It went too fast right?!?!

Anonymous said...

Heehee I love staying in jammies all day.
Its kinda what I do every day. :)

Glad you had a good 4th. My mom does the same thing to me.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Ok, I'm speaking as the mom here. I bring too much stuff to my daughter's house on holidays - and it's not because I find her lacking in any way.

I love her, and the hubby, and the kids, OMG, how I love them. I want them to have everything their little hearts desire - so if one likes wavy chips, and another likes fritos, and oh, look, you know they love watermelon...and on and on and on.

And the food will still be there for them after the party.

Your mother is just trying to be a pleaser...don't hate, celebrate!