Monday, May 04, 2009

Germaphobe, I am

Dear Miss Walmart Worker,
I know you may be sick and don't want to use your sick time. I understand that because I hate to use mine on actually being sick too. BUT I don't work with the public, I work with just a few people. It began when I noticed you coughing while waiting for the person in front of us to get through the line. I tried to not pay attention but by the time we reached the register you had already had a major coughing fit and I think I saw you wipe your nose on your shirt? Did I see that correctly? It bothered me. I started scouring the junk on the side of the aisle looking for some hand sanitizer. Didn't see any. Did all of the Swine Flu scared people purchase it all? I got the next best thing....vanilla flavored antibacterial hand lotion. Immediately after leaving the register I slathered lotion on myself and those 3 little people that were with us. The Husband didn't really want to smell like vanilla....he's boring like that. Back to you Miss Walmart Worker, so next time you get sick please stay home or even ask to be put somewhere other than a register. Hanging clothes in the woman's dept or even unlocking doors at the dressing room would be better than spraying your mucous all over my bags.

Sincerely,
The Germaphobe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nasty. She must have missed the memo on how to sneeze or cough since the SWINE FLU is taking over. That. Is. Nasty.

Staci said...

ugh GROSS!

Denise said...

ACK! I would have used the vanilla stuff right in front of her and then handed her the rest of the bottle. That's just gross!

And thanks so much for the award! I will try my best to post it up today!

Jen said...

I just have to say - ewww! I hate that! Makes me glad I never use cash, but she still had to bag all your stuff - ugh. Did you spray it all with lysol when you got home??

Brandy said...

Oh ick! That's just nasty. You would think that people know better than to come in sick, especially now with all the swine flu talk.

At the very least SHE should have had sanitizer on hand for herself.

MaggieBrown said...

Check out this great tip, it really works (if you've got or work around kids): As children are the # 1 spreaders of germs, it becomes imperative to educate children on how germs are spread. Young children don't spread germs because they want to, they don't know how NOT to. Germy Wormy Germ Smart for Kids educates and entertains kids while teaching them how to NOT spread germs. This program could be used year-round. Please pass along to anyone who has young children and is concerned about the spread of the Swine (or any other) Flu: http://www.germywormy.com

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Amen sister!

~Your fellow germaphobe friend~
Amanda

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm not a germaphone per say...BUT...that would have totally grossed me out too!

Pam said...

I so would have noticed it too! This might be a good reason to call the manager!
Pam