The wonderful MamaKat has posted her weekly prompts AND I made time again this week to join. Go check her out and join in the fun!
5.) List ten things that make you HAPPY.(inspired by our irritation at our own complaining from last weeks "Sick Of" posts.)
1. My daughter
2. Hearing my daughter laugh
3. Laughing at the silly nonsense that comes from The Husband
4. Hearing my youngest step daughter tell us how much she loves being at our house and that she would like to come live with us….knowing she would only see her mom briefly, like she does us now. As a mother I would hate my daughter to say that but as her step-mother it makes my heart warm that she loves our house that much.
5. Hearing giggly girls running around our house
6. Sunshine (not enough of that this week!)
7. When The Husband cooks dinner. He just bought a new grill/smoker thingy and he is in love with it. Works for me if he wants to stand in the rain to grill ribs.
8. Shopping. I love to shop. It doesn’t matter if I buy anything or not, I just love to be out looking at stuff.
9. Road Trips-I loooove going new places. I love the excitement leading up to a trip. (leaving this weekend!!)
10. Free time-I don’t have enough of this lately but I love it, when it happens!
6.) Ok I was going to end it with five, but Laina just got out of bed as I was finishing this post and I SWEAR she is sleep walking. It's creepy. I keep asking her what she is doing and she's staring at me...but not directly at me...kind of just a centimeter to the left of my head. I KNEW she was a sleep walker. I just knew it. SO! Share a sleep walking story of your own!!(inspired by my scary four year old)
*I* am a sleepwalker. Or at least I used to be. This story has been told so many times that I now think I remember it vividly. I'm sure its just from hearing it so many times though. My parents had friends over and they were playing cards at the kitchen table. I was asleep in my room down the hall. Apparently I walked down the hall, grabbed a chair, climbed up on the chair and grabbed a loaf of bread that was on top of the fridge. (that was where they kept the bread?) I opened up the brand new loaf of bread and took out slice by slice just flinging it one way or another. Right side, left side, until there was no bread left. While the adults sat there and laughed at me.
My daughter follows in my footsteps with everything so sleepwalking should not have been a surprise to me when she did it. But it was. She will sit up in bed, have a full conversation with ‘someone’ and then go back to sleep. One night right as I was falling asleep I heard her get out of bed. Her room is kinda like a big square with a little L attached in the corner. (It’s a cape cod) So I go in her room and she is over in the corner just kinda standing there with this glazed over look. It was like she was possessed or something. lol This scares me because our bedrooms are upstairs so I am afraid she is going to sleep walk down the steps one night. Ive thought of putting up a gate but that’s a little weird for a 8 yr old and she doesn’t do it very much…..mostly just the talking while sitting up.
Easy painter's tape trick for hanging art
2 days ago