Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fashion---at any cost?

I have on cute black shoes today but they hurt my feet so bad! They are narrow at the toes with a chunky little heel. Sounds cute, right? Right now my toes disagree.

While we are talking about shoes and fashion. If you wear flip flops out in the rain you must know that people are laughing at you. At least I am. I know you want to wear flip flops and sandals and let your feet be free and shown blah blah..... I do too! But when you wear flip flops in the rain you get water on your pants. That's not fashionable and it cant be comfy either. So please, do not do this. It makes me want to tell you to go home to put on new pants so that you wont have water marks all the way up to your thighs in the back.

(Not attractive)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!! lol. I HATE flip flops anyway. They are so overrated. They don't even work well in the sand...cuz then it flips up and its you in the butt hehehehe. Flip flops are uncomfortable and unsafe to wear :)

Staci said...

lol! You both are cracking me up! I won't lie, I heart flip flops. I wear them ALL the time. I have even been known to wear them in the winter :) I have made the above mentioned faux pas in the past, and wet jeans suck butt really bad! lol

Tanielle said...

I am awful, I have worn flipflops in the snow!!! I'll try harder, I really will!:-)

Have a great day!

Tanielle

That Girl said...

lol Lisha. exactly!

tsk tsk Staci and Tanielle!

Yellow Beads said...

ha, been there, funny. I actually posted about sandals today~!

Brandy said...

I love wearing flip flops but I HATE getting my feet wet like that. Although I never considered the splash factor, so thats just another reason not to wear them in the rain.

~~Mel~~ said...

I love my flip flops...but won't wear them in the winter...the rain yes lol.

I used to be a cute shoe girl...didn't matter how much they hurt my feet or gave me blisters...as I get older though I go for comfort over looks!!!

KatBouska said...

And you're feet are freezing. Let's face it...bare feet + rain = freezing.

I should know.

I've done it.

...hangs head in shame....

Mom said...

I dig flip flops, but am very particular as to when I wear them. I have rules!

Stop by and visit.
Life...EXAGGERATED

Amber Filkins said...

Ha! so funny. That was me last week, here in sunny California! I wore flip flops all day, then it started raining that night. When I went to leave my mom's house, I took one step outside, almost fell flat on my butt, and my pants were soaked!! I had to borrow some shoes. :(

But I have actually done it on purpose too. :)

Amber Filkins said...

BUT, I only wear my platform flip flops, so my pants don't get wet. :)

I agree, tacky.