Monday, April 06, 2009

I'm old

Saturday evening we went out to eat dinner and all was well. UNTIL the girls behind us started talking. It was at this moment that I began to feel like an old woman. Or maybe just someone with class? The words that spewed from these college girls mouths......horny, vagina, sex life, etc. This was not me struggling to listen to their conversation, this was me eating dinner with my family and randomly hearing these words. It appears that they were leaving the restaurant to go to a party and the one girl hasn't had sex in awhile sooooo *it* may happen the second she walks in the door of this party.

I was embarrassed for them.

5 comments:

Schmoochiepoo said...

I must be old too cause I'm constantly gobsmacked at what I hear teenagers talking about.

I thought 'we' were bad as teenagers but 'we' are nothing like this generation!

Staci said...

LMAO!!!!!
Their mouths make me blush and I have the mouth of a sailor.... :(

I too feel really old, but we're not! The 30's are supposed to be even better than the 20's.... still waiting, but its early yet! ;P

Amber Filkins said...

My cousin and I get a *little* carried away when we get to talking at the playplace & our kids are playing. OH some of the conversations that people could overhear. But we don't talk like THAT! We have more class than that, lol.


That is embarassing.

~~Mel~~ said...

I have a potty mouth...but I do make sure I lower my voice if children are close by (or change the topic of conversation)...I seem to remember having that sort of respect even as a teen.

The Masked Mommy said...

Um... that is so ridiculous! What's wrong with people? You shouldn't feel OLD, you should feel MORAL! Lol! I felt old this week because a teenager bumped into me in Wal-Mart and said "sorry, mam" and it wasn't weird to be called "mam" anymore. The first time someone said "Mam" to me, I was only 20 years old and the girl who said it looked about 16. That was weird. Anyways, I'll stop tying super long comments on your blog posts now :-)