Monday, April 13, 2009

Mom of the Year Award


Mel, who is just the greatest (really!), gave me this Mom of the Year award. How exciting! I certainly don't always feel like it but I'm sure all moms are like that.

Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom.
Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I feel bad that I don't ever 'play' with Madison. Its gotten better since she has gotten older and into more things. I always have to remind myself in a few short years she is not going to want to do anything with me. Teenagers and all. I have been making more of an effort lately and it feels good to have a little balance.

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love that Madison has opened up and isn't nearly as shy as she was when she was younger.
2. I love that she likes to listen to real music now
3. I love talking to her about all her little friends and just 'keeping in touch'
4. I love going on walks around our neighborhood and just talking about everything
5. I love that she thinks I am the perfect person even though I am far from it.
6. I love that she thinks she is going to live at home forever and even work with me....at this point she just cant imagine life without me
7. I am so proud of how well she does in school
Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
Now I didn't check any of your blogs to make sure you hadn't already received this...so I apologize if I'm giving it to you for the second or third time around. I nominate the following bloggers...

Kris at JesseKateDesigns-she truly is Mom of the year with all of her great ideas!

Tanielle at Polka Dot Daisy- Her kids always look so cute and they let her do incredible things with their hair!

Heidi at Mommy doesnt live here anymore- I love to read her stories...they always make me lol

Jodi at Our crazy life- She makes me wish I had a fun toddler!

Obnoxious SAHM she always makes me laugh at her crazy antics
This was hard! There are so many great moms and everyone deserves this award!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Awww. thanks so much. I love this award... awesome!

Tanielle said...

Thank you sooo much! You just made my night! Mom of the year? I wish!:-) You are adorable, and thank-you again!

Have a great night!

Tanielle

Jodi said...

Aw...thanks so much! I hardly feel like Mom of the Year, but appreciate it very much!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats... I totally <3 your new layout!!

~~Mel~~ said...

You are mom of the year!!!

I think we all feel like that with our kids (about not really taking the time to play with them)especially as they get older and have their own interests...i don't understand pokemon in the slightest but Riley always wants to 'teach' me how to play...I have absolutely no desire. So we compromise and play alot of Monopoly or Go Fish!