Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lost without my ring

I took my wedding band in to get it cleaned and checked (has diamonds in the band) on Saturday and they asked if I wanted anything else cleaned. So I gave her my engagement ring and she came back and said the stone was loose and showed me. I hardly ever get my diamond cleaned there so Im super happy that I did this time. It will be back in 2 weeks. I am so lost without it though. I had no idea how many times I turn my diamond and what a habit it is to 'center it up'.

I did find out some good news though. The Husband picked a great stone! She said it only had one small flaw and you have to look very closely for it. I was proud! He picked out and bought this ring without me knowing anything about it. I love the size, stone and cut but I would change the band. I like thicker bands but this one is fine....I just got a bigger band to compliment it. Never happy huh? lol Really I do love it and it means alot that he did it all himself. My ex-husband just gave me the money and told me to buy a ring. Sa-weet! (jerk!)

3 comments:

Just Me said...

What a good man!

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I have been ringless for a few weeks. Our fingers are too fat for them lol. I feel so naked without it. But it sounds like it is a good thing you got it cleaned...you don't want to lose a stone!! You do have a good hubby!!

~~Mel~~ said...

The hubs wasn't terrified you'd hate what he picked out? I'm picky and would probably hate anything Dan picked out for me lol.

2 weeks is a long time to go without your rings...I know I'd be lost without the two I wear on a daily basis...I constantly turn them in circles on my fingers.